Aims and scope
- Page Path
- Aims and scope
Web Edition ISSN: 1975-5937
Journal of Educational Evaluation for Health Professions (JEEHP, eISSN 1975-5937) is an international peer-reviewed online journal publishing research articles. It aims to increase the quality of educational evaluation in the various fields of health professions that undertakes the medical health of people by providing research information with easy access via web. JEEHP especially focused on the Nation-based licensing examinations, national or international program of education, application of the psychometric tools, computerized testing, computer-based or web-based learning and certification of the licensing in the world in the following professions:
Emergency Medical Technician
Medical Record Technician
Oriental Medical Doctor
Prosthetist and Orthotist
Types of publications are original articles, case reports, brief communications, reviews, opinions, technical reports, softwares, letters to editors and book reviews. It published article immediately after the review process if manuscript is determined as acceptance. All articles must be submitted via online manuscript submission system and peer review is also done electronically. All of submitted manuscripts should be written in English. The official title of the journal is Journal of Educational Evaluation for Health Professions and its abbreviation is J Educ Eval Health Prof. Submission is open to any researcher who deals the subjects in the above-mentioned professions. There is no publication charge. The journal is published by National Health Personnel Licensing Examination Board, 679-30, Jayang-dong, Kwangjin-gu, Seoul 143-873, Republic of Korea. It also became an official journal of the Association for Medical Education in the Western Pacific Region from year of 2012.
- Indexing to database
- All or part of JEEHP is indexed in ScienceCentral, PubMed, PubMed Central, CINAHL Complete, EBSCO host, Dirrectory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Google Scholar, WorldwideScience.org and DOI/CrossRef.
- How to cite the JEEHP paper in other papers?
- It should be cited according to the Instruction to authors in journals. It does not have issue number. Since there is no successive page number in JEEHP, it should be cited as following:
- J Educ Eval Health Prof 2006, 3:1
- an article number 1 from volume 3 of the journal.
- J Educ Eval Health Prof 2006, 3: 3
- an article number 3 from volume 3 of the journal.
- Copyright: JEEHP holds the copyright of the published papers.
- When authors decide to submit the manuscript to JEEHP, he or she is believed to decide keeping JEEHP copyright and license agreements. Authors can use articles according to the JEEHP copyright and license rules. Author's withdrawal of published papers should be discussed with editor.
- JEEHP copyright and license agreement
- When authors are submitting manuscript to JEEHP, it is based on the certification as followings:
- Corresponding author got an agreement by co-authors to submit the papers to JEEHP.
- Co-authors did their meaningful role in submitted manuscript.
- Submitted manuscript is original and not published in other scientific journals and not be considered by any other scientific journals in the world If manuscript is accepted for publication, it should not be published to other scientific journals without permission of JEEHP editor.
- Open Access license agreement
It is identical to the 'Creative Commons Attribution License'
- THE WORK (AS DEFINED BELOW) IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS JOURNAL OF EDUCATIONAL EVALUATION FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONS OPEN ACCESS LICENSE ("LICENSE"). THE WORK IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND/OR OTHER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY USE OF THE WORK OTHER THAN AS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS LICENSE IS PROHIBITED.
- BY EXERCISING ANY RIGHTS TO THE WORK PROVIDED HERE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. THE LICENSOR GRANTS YOU THE RIGHTS CONTAINED HERE IN CONSIDERATION OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- 1. Definitions
- "Collective Work" means a work, such as a periodical issue, anthology or encyclopedia, in which the Work in its entirety in unmodified form, along with a number of other contributions, constituting separate and independent works in themselves, are assembled into a collective whole. A work that constitutes a Collective Work will not be considered a Derivative Work (as defined below) for the purposes of this License.
- "Derivative Work" means a work based upon the Work or upon the Work and other pre-existing works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which the Work may be recast, transformed, or adapted, except that a work that constitutes a Collective Work will not be considered a Derivative Work for the purpose of this License. For the avoidance of doubt, where the Work is a musical composition or sound recording, the synchronization of the Work in timed-relation with a moving image ("synching") will be considered a Derivative Work for the purpose of this License.
- "Licensor" means the individual or entity that offers the Work under the terms of this License.
- "Original Author" means the individual or entity who created the Work.
- "Work" means the copyrightable work of authorship offered under the terms of this License.
- "You" means an individual or entity exercising rights under this License who has not previously violated the terms of this License with respect to the Work, or who has received express permission from the Licensor to exercise rights under this License despite a previous violation.
- 2. Fair Use Rights
- Nothing in this license is intended to reduce, limit, or restrict any rights arising from fair use, first sale or other limitations on the exclusive rights of the copyright owner under copyright law or other applicable laws.
- 3. License Grant
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the rights in the Work as stated below:
- to reproduce the Work, to incorporate the Work into one or more Collective Works, and to reproduce the Work as incorporated in the Collective Works;
- to create and reproduce Derivative Works;
- to distribute copies or phonorecords of, display publicly, perform publicly, and perform publicly by means of a digital audio transmission the Work including as incorporated in Collective Works;
- to distribute copies or phonorecords of, display publicly, perform publicly, and perform publicly by means of a digital audio transmission Derivative Works;
- For the avoidance of doubt, where the work is a musical composition:
- i. Performance Royalties Under Blanket Licenses. Licensor waives the exclusive right to collect, whether individually or via a performance rights society (e.g. ASCAP, BMI, SESAC), royalties for the public performance or public digital performance (e.g. webcast) of the Work.
- ii. Mechanical Rights and Statutory Royalties. Licensor waives the exclusive right to collect, whether individually or via a music rights agency or designated agent (e.g. Harry Fox Agency), royalties for any phonorecord You create from the Work ("cover version") and distribute, subject to the compulsory license created by 17 USC Section 115 of the US Copyright Act (or the equivalent in other jurisdictions). Webcasting Rights and Statutory Royalties. For the avoidance of doubt, where the Work is a sound recording, Licensor waives the exclusive right to collect, whether individually or via a performance-rights society (e.g. SoundExchange), royalties for the public digital performance (e.g. webcast) of the Work, subject to the compulsory license created by 17 USC Section 114 of the US Copyright Act (or the equivalent in other jurisdictions). The above rights may be exercised in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter devised. The above rights include the right to make such modifications as are technically necessary to exercise the rights in other media and formats. All rights not expressly granted by Licensor are hereby reserved.
- 4. Restrictions
- The license granted in Section 3 above is expressly made subject to and limited by the following restrictions:
- You may distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Work only under the terms of this License, and You must include a copy of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier for, this License with every copy or phonorecord of the Work You distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform. You may not offer or impose any terms on the Work that alter or restrict the terms of this License or the recipients' exercise of the rights granted hereunder. You may not sublicense the Work. You must keep intact all notices that refer to this License and to the disclaimer of warranties. You may not distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Work with any technological measures that control access or use of the Work in a manner inconsistent with the terms of this License Agreement. The above applies to the Work as incorporated in a Collective Work, but this does not require the Collective Work apart from the Work itself to be made subject to the terms of this License. If You create a Collective Work, upon notice from any Licensor You must, to the extent practicable, remove from the Collective Work any reference to such Licensor or the Original Author, as requested. If You create a Derivative Work, upon notice from any Licensor You must, to the extent practicable, remove from the Derivative Work any reference to such Licensor or the Original Author, as requested.
- If you distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly digitally perform the Work or any Derivative Works or Collective Works, You must keep intact all copyright notices for the Work and give the Original Author credit reasonable to the medium or means You are utilizing by conveying the name (or pseudonym if applicable) of the Original Author if supplied; the title of the Work if supplied; to the extent reasonably practicable, the Uniform Resource Identifier, if any, that Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work, unless such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or licensing information for the Work; and in the case of a Derivative Work, a credit identifying the use of the Work in the Derivative Work (e.g., "French translation of the Work by Original Author," or "Screenplay based on original Work by Original Author"). Such credit may be implemented in any reasonable manner; provided, however, that in the case of a Derivative Work or Collective Work, at a minimum such credit will appear where any other comparable authorship credit appears and in a manner at least as prominent as such other comparable authorship credit.
- 5. Representations, Warranties and Disclaimer
- UNLESS OTHERWISE MUTUALLY AGREED TO BY THE PARTIES IN WRITING, LICENSOR OFFERS THE WORK AS-IS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WORK, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OF ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SUCH EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- 6. Limitation on Liability
- EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS LICENSE OR THE USE OF THE WORK, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- 7. Termination
- This License and the rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically upon any breach by You of the terms of this License. Individuals or entities who have received Derivative Works or Collective Works from You under this License, however, will not have their licenses terminated provided such individuals or entities remain in full compliance with those licenses. Sections 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8 will survive any termination of this License.
- Subject to the above terms and conditions, the license granted here is perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright in the Work). Notwithstanding the above, Licensor reserves the right to release the Work under different license terms or to stop distributing the Work at any time; provided, however that any such election will not serve to withdraw this License (or any other license that has been, or is required to be, granted under the terms of this License), and this License will continue in full force and effect unless terminated as stated above.
- 8. Miscellaneous
- Each time You distribute or publicly digitally perform the Work or a Collective Work, the Licensor offers to the recipient a license to the Work on the same terms and conditions as the license granted to You under this License.
- Each time You distribute or publicly digitally perform a Derivative Work, Licensor offers to the recipient a license to the original Work on the same terms and conditions as the license granted to You under this License.
- If any provision of this License is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms of this License, and without further action by the parties to this agreement, such provision shall be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable.
- term or provision of this License shall be deemed waived and no breach consented to unless such waiver or consent shall be in writing and signed by the party to be charged with such waiver or consent.
- This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Work licensed here. There are no understandings, agreements or representations with respect to the Work not specified here. Licensor shall not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any communication from You. This License may not be modified without the mutual written agreement of the Licensor and You.
- Contacting Journal of Educational Evaluation for Health Professions
- Any inquiry including submissions, the review process or copyrights should be directed to editor, Dr. Sun HUH from the websites.
Journal of Educational Evaluation for Health Professions (JEEHP, eISSN 1975-5937) is an international peer-reviewed online-only journal. It has been the official journal of the Korea Health Personnel Licensing Examination Institute (formerly the National Health Personnel Licensing Examination Board, Republic of Korea) since 2004 and also of the Western Pacific Association for Medical Education (formerly the Association for Medical Education in the Western Pacific Region) since 2012.
It has been affiliated journal of the World Federation for Medical Education since September 2016.
It was launched with the title in Korean-language, Pogon uiryo kyoyuk pyongka (ISSN 1738-1339) in 2004. Since 2006, the official title of the journal has been Journal of Educational Evaluation for Health Professions, with J Educ Eval Health Prof as its abbreviation. Its homepage URL is http://jeehp.org/. The journal is published by the Korea Health Personnel Licensing Examination Institute, located in Gwangjin-gu, Jayang-ro 45, Seoul 05103, Korea.
Journal of Educational Evaluation for Health Professions aims to provide readers the state-of-the art practical information on the educational evaluation for health professions so that to increase the quality of undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education. It is specialized in educational evaluation including adoption of measurement theory to medical health education, promotion of high stakes examination such as national licensing examinations, improvement of nationwide or international programs of education, computer-based testing, computerized adaptive testing, and medical health regulatory bodies. Its field comprises a variety of professions that address public medical health as following but not limited to:
Emergency medical technicians
Medical record technicians
Oriental medical doctors
Oriental medicine dispensers
Prosthetists and Orthotists
The journal’s publication types are research articles, brief reports, case reports, reviews, editorials, opinions, technical reports, software report, letters to editor, book reviews, and educational/faculty development material. Articles are published immediately after the review process if the manuscript is accepted. All manuscripts should be submitted via the online manuscript submission system http://submit.jeehp.org and peer review is also done electronically. All submitted manuscripts should be written in English. Submission is open to any researcher who deals with the subjects in the above-mentioned professions. There is no article processing charge.
Frequency as online-only journal
Journal of Educational Evaluation for Health Professions publishes a manuscript immediately after acceptance as an e-pub ahead of print. It has kept continuous publication schedule throughout a year.